If you want to start running, but don’t know where to start, here are some tips and tricks to help!
- Think positively: This is so important, not just for running but for all aspects of life. Running will only be more difficult if you have a negative attitude about it. But if you think to yourself, “I can do it, I can get through this,” you’ll have a much easier time.
- Consistency is key: Try to run almost every day. Even if its just a quick jog around the park, try to run almost every day. If you do this, you can really see yourself improve.
- Dress the part: Have comfortable running clothes and shoes. This is pretty self-explanatory, but when you’re comfortable in your workout clothes you’re workout will thank you. Find clothes that fit well and shoes that give you the perfect amount of cushioning.
- Find motivation: Whether its signing up for a marathon or beating your mile time, find something that will make you want to keep going. Having a running buddy is also great motivation, you can push each other to keep going and to do your best.
- Stretch: This is something so important but commonly overlooked by many people. Stretch you body before and after runs, or any kind of work out. This helps prevent injuries and keeps you flexible.