It’s always a good idea to have a post workout snack. Your body needs to restore the energy you used up! Here are five healthy snacks to eat after a workout.
- Peanut Butter: This calorie dense snack is perfect for after a work out. It’s filled with proteins and healthy fats, helping to heal your body after a tough day in the gym.
- Bananas: Filled with potassium, this fruit helps prevent and aid soreness in your muscles. Muscles build up lactic acid, which is a cause for sore muscles, not having enough potassium exacerbates the soreness.
- Protein Bars: Find the right protein bar to fit your macros. Protein is extremely important for those who work out and for everyone, really. Our muscles need protein to survive and thrive.
- Blueberries: These little berries and filled with antioxidants. They help with inflammation, help slow the effects of aging, and taste great too.
- Chocolate Milk: this delicious drink is not just for kids. It’s filled with carbohydrates, what your body needs for energy, and has some protein to boot. It can also help with any sweet cravings you have.